Sweatshop is the leading specialist running retailer in the UK with 29 stores and 6 websites. We organise 2 of the largest road races in the UK and have been in business since 1971.
Over the next 18 months Sweatshop is looking to dramatically develop its websites, road races and retail operation. We are looking for key personnel to take the business forward as we intend to treble the size of the company in the next 5 years.
To improve the profitability and efficiency of the business by developing applications as required, and give the business much better access to the information it currently holds.
This role will involve re-authoring existing websites and helping to drive innovative new ideas and concepts throughout the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the online side of the business forward.
- Build web and IT automation to improve process and capability of the company.
- Support and improve existing developments.
- Build and implement new website functionality.
- Build robust & scalable applications.
- Build reports for existing systems.
- Work with the senior management team to develop new business ideas.
- Work with business users to specify and document requirements.
- Estimate and report on effort required for all projects.
- Communicate with business users and management, progress on all projects.
- Manage own time effectively.
A graduate calibre candidate with an appropriate technical qualification.
Essential Technical Skills:
3+ years commercial development work including some time within an e-commerce environment or working for an established FMCG company.
Good communicator, Analytical, Ability to work on own initiative, Self starter.
If you’re interested and share the company values of ground breaking customer service, integrity, success, teamwork and the welfare of staff, write to:
£36k+ £40k+ (negotiable dependent on skills and experience)