Social media is much more than a way to stay connected and to have fun: it’s a way to market yourself, your business and your products and services. By establishing a presence on the social Web, you can gain virtually unlimited exposure to your target audience without incurring the higher costs associated with traditional marketing campaigns.
While participating in social media is good, it can be difficult to track how you’re performing. Are you actually reaching your target market? How is your brand perceived? What are people saying about you and your products?
In a previous post, I talked about Quantitative Social Media Monitoring and Qualitative Social Media Monitoring. To continue along the same theme, here’s is a list of tools and services available for comprehensive social media monitoring. If I’ve missed any obvious ones, or indeed obscure ones, please feel free to leave a comment.
- Avenue Social does a lot! In addition to monitoring and publishing to your social networks, Avenue Social builds Facebook applications, fan pages and mobile apps, and analyses the effects of all of your social media efforts.
- Direct Message Lab helps you not only manage multiple social media channels, but it also allows you to create and monitor campaigns across social networks, desktop and social media applications, and mobile.
- engage121 is a comprehensive platform that provides monitoring, one-click publishing, follower and fan management and analytics. It has a customisable interface and with packages tailored for small to medium businesses, corporations, enterprises or local stores.
- Jive Social Media Engagement is a service that pulls data from over 100 million online sources to find out the buzz about your brand. Within the same console you can aggregate and respond to Facebook and Twitter posts, create team workflows, and access key metrics and analytics.
- MediaFunnel is a platform that aggregates, manages and monitors your social media activity, with a focus on hard numbers and measurable outcomes. They also have a few interesting features including their Tweet-to-Lead tool, which allows you to turn all tweets into new Salesforce leads and a mobile component that allows you to receive SMS updates or even text updates to your accounts.
- MutualMind is a service that allows you to listen to what people are saying about your brand, but cuts out all of the noise that may be irrelevant to you. MutualMind helps you manage your campaign with one-click publishing and a framework for multiple team members through which to coordinate.
- Pop.to has a social dashboard, segmentation tools, widgets, social gestures, feed marketing and analytics all in one place.
- Postling is good for small businesses. Postling helps organise and update your social media accounts, alerts you when your accounts are active, searches Facebook, Twitter, Yelp and more to see who is talking about your brand.
- ScrOOn allows you to monitor and manage multiple social media channels, add social components like customer reviews, games and surveys to your existing digital properties and drive people from your social media accounts to your website.
- Sendible is another tool that does it all from aggregating posts, monitoring sentiment, and analysing results. Sendible sets itself apart with their integration with SMS and email newsletters.
- Shoutlet is a one-click publisher that helps you throughout the whole process, from building your presence, engaging with your consumers to measuring your impact. Shoutlet also features e-commerce for Facebook, email marketing and mobile solutions.
- SocialVolt helps create and monitor campaigns and social buzz, manages workflow amongst your team, and helps identify and organise influencers based on what channels they are active in and their interests.
- Sprinklr is professional-grade social media management company. Sprinklr is a one click publisher, social listening tool and analytics team all rolled into one. They help agencies, B2C companies and B2B companies identify prospects, acquire loyal customers, measure social impact and optimise social media campaigns.
- Strongmail Social Studio is a platform that helps you identify and leverage your brand advocates and create direct response campaigns on Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, they have a proprietary social sharing tool that makes it easier for your fans, followers, email subscribers and website visitors to get the word out about your brand.