Bryan Kaiser & Michael Haynie talk about the usual news and then digress into the topic of the future of ColdFusion and its limited uptake in the developer community. This is a hot topic with a number of key figures in the ColdFusion community, in particular Simon Horwith and Ben Forta, have written articles to ‘defend’ ColdFusion, something I find myself doing almost on a daily basis.
They make reference to an online, download only, book by 37Signals, called Getting Real which at $19 is not only cheap but a great read. 37Signals have successfully implemented a number of web projects and this publication draws reference to their experiences.
- 37signals – 37Better Project: Better thinking, design and usability leads to better online experiences
- What I learned at CF.Objective conference (mattw.mxdj.com)
- Ryan Stewart on Read/WriteWeb: Review of Goowy, a Flash and Ajax desktop suite
- MAX in Vegas in October
- Home | ColdFusion Weekly
- Mark Beneman : dervish moose blog:
- Building your first Model-Glue application (part 1) : Raymond Camden’s ColdFusion Blog