Social media monitoring helps with branding and marketing and can help identify quality control or customer care problems that may have gone unnoticed.
Monitoring is only one piece of the puzzle, however. It’s important to find out who is saying what, and where the conversation is happening so you can respond appropriately.
Here are a few tools to help you manage multiple social channels:
- Awareness Social Marketing Hub is a platform ideal for larger social media campaigns with multiple people monitoring and executing the program. In addition to aggregating social network information, the Hub allows marketers to set up workflows in order to coordinate efforts across a marketing team.
- CoTweet is ideal for companies who have multiple people contributing to their social media campaigns. In addition to organising and monitoring your Twitter and Facebook pages, it allows you to assign updates and social streams to members of your team based either on their expertise or who is “on duty” at a certain time.
- Expion is built with multiple-location business or franchises in mind. Expion allows corporate offices to oversee and manage each of their locations’ individual social media accounts while still allowing store managers or franchisees to have some control over the account. This helps brands maintain continuity across locations while still allowing for regional-based promotions or content relevant only to the local stores.
- HootSuite is a tool that allows you to manage multiple social media channels through one dashboard. If you have a company with more than one contributor to your social media program, HootSuite is a good solution.
- NutshellMail is a tool, much like TweetDeck, which helps you track all of your social media channels. Instead of constant updates, NutshellMail sends you a single email per day describing your accounts’ activity.
- Ping.fm is the most popular site for aggregating your social media channels. It allows you to simultaneously update accounts like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Flickr through their web interface, text message, email or instant message.
- PostRank aggregates what is happening with all of your content across the web in a constantly updated feed. This way you can see what type of engagement your content is getting across different channels right as it happens.
- Seesmic allows you to manage your Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Ping.fm, Foursquare and Google Buzz accounts all from one simple interface. Whether you want to access your social networks from the web, a desktop application, or your mobile phone, Seesmic has a solution.
- Sprout Social manages multiple social networks from one dashboard, allowing you to optimise your outreach in each channel, identify people interested in your brand and convert them to loyal consumers.
- Syncapse SocialTALK helps you control your presence across different platforms, manage multiple social media accounts from one platform, establish multiple user access levels, and monitor incoming traffic.
- thisMoment, via their recently introduced Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC), uses thisMoment’s publishing platform to combine their design, your content and multimedia user generated content into one “channel” that can be pushed to many different social media outlets.
- TweetDeck, like HootSuite, provides a way to track many of your social media channels on one dashboard. It can be a time-saver and a productivity-enhancer, assuming you’re not easily distracted.