About Simon Whatley
I'm an experience designer, creative technologist, thinker, tinkerer, observer of people, maker of things. I work in the great city of London, UK. Learn more
- Prototyping towards a better user experience
- Designing websites has traditionally been an expensive and laboured experience. Many hours have been spent pouring over information architecture, deliberating interactions, elaborating upon wireframes and creating pixel-perfect Photoshop and Illustrator compositions, only for those design artefacts to be archived neatly away, on a server, never to be seen again. Read more – ‘Prototyping towards a better user experience’.
- Building a presence on mobile? Here are your options
- With many competing business models, technologies and systems, a perennial topic of conversation is which approach is better for mobile: websites and webapps, written in HTML5 and related Web technologies, housed on the Web and run across multiple platforms, devices and browsers; or native apps, downloaded to devices and built upon and designed specifically for iOS, Android and other mobile platforms. Read more – ‘Building a presence on mobile? Here are your options’.
- Imagination, creativity and knowledge
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others. Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature. Life is an exciting business and most exciting when it is lived for others. You cannot do much about the length of your life, but you can do a lot about its depth and width. Read more – ‘Imagination, creativity and knowledge’.