About Simon Whatley
I'm a user experience designer, web developer and part-time trainer with a penchant for climbing, robots and comics. I work in the fantastic city of London, UK. Learn more
- Imagination, creativity and knowledge
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others. Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature. Life is an exciting business and most exciting when it is lived for others. You cannot do much about the length of your life, but you can do a lot about its depth and width. Read more – ‘Imagination, creativity and knowledge’.
- What users most want from mobile websites, according to Google
- While nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, 96% of consumers say they’ve encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile devices. This is both a big problem and a big opportunity for companies seeking to engage with mobile users. Read more – ‘What users most want from mobile websites, according to Google’.
- What Smart TV might look like a few years from now
- Gestural and touch interfaces, second screens, social interactions, personalisation...Unitid Interaction Designers have created an interesting video on the future of the smart TV. Read more – ‘What Smart TV might look like a few years from now’.