This accessibility statement applies to my website at https://www.simonwhatley.co.uk.
I want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
I’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website isPermalink to section titled How accessible this website is
I believe this website is accessible.
Feedback and contact informationPermalink to section titled Feedback and contact information
If you need any part of this website in a different format like large print, audio recording or braille, email me at email@example.com.
I’ll aim to get back to you within five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this websitePermalink to section titled Reporting accessibility problems with this website
I’m always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think I’m not meeting accessibility requirements, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical information about this website’s accessibilityPermalink to section titled Technical information about this website’s accessibility
I am committed to making this website accessible under the Equalities Act 2010.
Compliance statusPermalink to section titled Compliance status
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard.
How I tested this websitePermalink to section titled How I tested this website
I last tested this website for accessibility issues in December 2021.
I used manual and automated tests to look for issues such as:
- lack of keyboard accessibility
- link text that’s not descriptive
- non-unique or non-hierarchical headings
- italics, bold and block capital formatting
- inaccessible formatting in general
- inaccessible language
- inaccessible diagrams or images
- lack of colour contrast for text, important graphics and controls
- images not having meaningful alt text
- problems when using assistive technologies such as screen readers and screen magnifiers
What I’m doing to improve accessibilityPermalink to section titled What I’m doing to improve accessibility
I plan to review this site again in a year and fix any reported issues within 12 weeks.
Preparation of this accessibility statementPermalink to section titled Preparation of this accessibility statement
I prepared this statement in December 2021. I last reviewed it on 30 December 2021.
I last tested this website in December 2021. I tried a selection of the website’s pages. I used the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool and a checklist I created with the help of the others.
Are you building something interesting?